Language Arts K-6 Resource Links
- DPISD Language Arts Curriculum
- Scope and sequence and TEKS for the district's language arts classes.
- **TEKS and Student Expectations
- The framework developed
by the state of Texas to provide guidelines and expectations
- This document provides ablueprint
for the TAKS test, a list of the objectives that will be
covered and sample questions at each level.
- Harris County Department
- This website
offers training opportunities and descriptions of courses
available to teachers and administrators.
- American Library Association
- ALA offers professional
services and publications to members and nonmembers, including
online news stories from American libraries and analysis of crucial
issues from the Washington .
for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Worldwide, educators must have access to quality research to understand
how their methods affect student achievement. ASCD offers
resources that synthesize research findings and provide specific strategies
for applying those findings in the classroom.
- Region IV EducationServiceCenter
- Region 4 Education Service Center is the largest of 20 state service centers
established by the Texas Legislature in 1967 to provide school
districts with professional development training and technical
assistance that support statewide goals for school improvement.
- Texas Education
- The mission of the Texas Education
Agency is to provide leadership, guidance, and resources
to help schools meet the educational needs of all students.
State Reading Association
- For over 30 years, the primary purpose of TSRA has been to improve the
level of literacy quality in the State of Texas .
- The Texas Bluebonnet
Award (TBA) reading program was established in 1979 to encourage
Texas children to read more books, explore a variety of current
books, develop powers of discrimination, and identify their favorite books.
Medaland Newbery Award
project deals with the award origins, criteria, medal descriptions,
and award books for Newbery and Caldecott Awards. In addition,
we give more information in WWW for those people who are interested in these
award books and other kids information.
- This web page will help you explore some
online resources related to literacy, themes, literature
circles, technology, and learning.
- Components of Effective Reading/Writing
- This web page will help you explore some online resources related to
literacy, themes, literature circles, technology, and learning.
- Literature Circles Research Center
- Literature circles provide a way for students to engage in critical thinking
and reflection as they read, discuss, and respond to books.
- NWREL Assessment guides
- This website provides
sample papers and scoring guides for 6 Traits writing.
- **Marco Polo
- Provides the highest quality standards-based
Internet content and professional development to K-12 teachers
and students. You will find lesson plans, links and a wealth
of materials for your classroom. The lessons, web resources and student materials