Special Services Resources
- TEA webpage for Special Education
- This is the Texas Education Agency website with specific information on Special Education in Texas.
- Council for Exceptional Children
- The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted.
- Harris County Department of Education
- HCDE provides training and other services to the residents of Harris County.
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) is a nonprofit organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those with disabilities, through the research and development of innovative, technology-based educational resources and strategies.
- Region 4 Educational Service Center
- Region 4 Education Service Center is the largest of 20 state service centers established by the Texas Legislature in 1967 to provide school districts with professional development training and technical assistance that support statewide goals for school improvement.
- Department of Education IDEA online
- Department of Education Secretary Margaret Spellings has announced the final regulations to implement Part B the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA). An official copy of the final Part B regulations of the IDEA will be published in the Federal Register on August 14, 2006.
- Special Education Resources on the Internet (SERI) is a collection of Internet accessible information resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to Special Education. This collection exists in order to make on-line Special Education resources more easily and readily available in one location.
- This is the federal register record of IDEA 2004
- IDEA regulations were reformatted and published on the Wrightslaw site.